EVHybridNoire Applauds Passage of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) of 2022
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 18th, 2022
CONTACT: Dante’ Pope, [email protected]
EVHybridNoire applauds the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 this week as a historic win for investment in climate change and supporting a transition to nationwide transportation electrification.
WASHINGTON- On Tuesday, President Biden signed the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) of 2022. This bill creates a number of pathways to strengthen our fight against climate change, lower prescription drug prices, and create corporate tax reform. It is the largest investment ever made by the United States government to address the climate crisis. Partnered with the provisions set forth by the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act that provides discretionary and programmatic grants to states for electrification infrastructure and electric vehicles, this bill benefits our ever-evolving industries and the consumer through tax incentives.
Current measures include:
- $369 Billion total allocated towards climate change provisions.
- Clean Vehicle Credit up to $7,500 and Used EV Vehicle Credit that benefit our long term goals to develop our domestic supply chain, but potentially limits the participation of both industry and the consumer based on criteria of parts used in vehicles.
- Commercial Clean Vehicle Credit aids private fleets in purchasing clean light- and heavy-duty vehicles.
- Alternative Fueling Property Credit helps individuals and businesses install EV charging and alternative fueling equipment.
- Manufacturing Investments in the Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing (ATVM) Loan Program and Domestic Manufacturing Conversion Grant programs.
- $1 billion in grants to encourage the electrification of Class 6 and 7 trucks.
- $3 billion to electrify the United States Postal Service (USPS) delivery fleet.
EVHybridNoire consistently elevates community perspectives that are often left out in the conversation around e-mobility and other emerging technologies. These new incentive programs and industry investments will eventually work together to bolster consumer adoption and the development of a domestic supply chain.
We are encouraged by the $1 billion for a Reconnecting Communities Pilot Program to address problems in communities that have been separated by targeted highway constructions. Historically, government policies and programs have consistently favored industry and innovation over the consideration and inclusion of frontline communities, all in the name of innovation. Biased real estate practices such as redlining, poor land use and zoning decisions have rendered these communities vulnerable to poor air quality and chronic health conditions as a result. Programs such as the Reconnecting Communities Pilot Program are a step towards ensuring that policy change and implementation happens with them, not to them.
EVHybridNoire congratulates the Biden Administration on passing legislation that addresses the climate crisis head-on, and is committed to working with public and private entities to advocate for the equitable implementation of the many facets of the IRA that will affect frontline communities across the country.
EVHybridNoire is the nation’s largest network of diverse EV drivers and enthusiasts, advancing multimodal e-mobility solutions, & ensuring those solutions are inclusive & equitable. EVHybrid serves as the voice of multicultural EV drivers, and the first national diverse organization focused on e-mobility, environmental sustainability, clean energy, and transportation equity — providing access for all to next-generation vehicles and transportation options. For more information, visit evhybridnoire.com.
Leave a Reply